Roofing Repair Companies in Charleston | Steps to Preventative Roof Maintenance
Roofing Repair Companies in Charleston | Finding a roofing company is one of the last things homeowners want to think about. Roofing repairs can be a surprise that can put a damper on your finances, which is why homeowners need to take the advice of roofing repair companies in Charleston and focus on preventative roof maintenance.
Preventative roof maintenance can extend the life of your roof by years, even as long as the home lasts in many cases. Extending the life of your roof should be a goal for everyone who owns a home, and the key is to pay attention to your roof, even when there isn’t a problem. Follow these steps to preventative roof maintenance, so you aren’t finding yourself calling roofing repair companies in Charleston more often that you want.
- Keep Records- If your roof has a warranty keeping records is especially important. You should always keep the warranty information, inspection reports, insurance claims, bills for repairs, and the original invoice for the roof if you have it, in a safe place.
- Routine Inspections- You should be inspecting your roof for damage, leaks, and wear at least two times per year. This is best to be handled by roofing repair companies in Charleston since the experts can often see existing or upcoming problems the average homeowner may overlook.
- Check for Damage After Weather Events- You should check your roof for damage even when it’s not a planned routine inspection. After hailstorms, tornados, flooding, or other severe weather, you should check to make sure no shingles are missing, holes, or other visible damage. If there is, you should call roofing repair companies in Charleston as soon as possible. You should also remove debris from your roof when you see it, such as fallen tree limbs, leaves, etc.
- Clean Your Gutters- You have to keep debris out of the gutters to maintain the proper drainage of water away from your roof. Standing water can cause major leaks and roof damage. Consider gutter guards to decrease the amount of time you spend cleaning them out.
- Metal Roofs- Metal roofs need to be inspected a bit different than other types. You’ll want to look for cracks and mortar joints that have gone bad, deteriorated sealant and rust. Roofing repair companies in Charleston are experts at metal roof inspections.
If you’re ready for a routine maintenance check on your roof, give Bone Dry Roofing a call at 1-855-BONEDRY.