Roofing Companies in Charleston | What Makes A Roof Wear Out?
Roofing Companies in Charleston | One of the most significant costs associated with owning a home or business is structural maintenance, which includes the foundation, frame, and roof. Most home or business owners want to ensure the structural component of their property last as long as possible while maintaining integrity. You can extend the length of your home by simply being aware of what causes damage and how to prevent damage.
Focusing on the roof is easy for homeowners because you can see it, unlike a foundation that may be partially underground or the frame which is hidden behind walls. Five significant elements can wear out your roof that you need to keep in mind when choosing roofing materials, or deciding maintenance schedule.
- Exposure- One thing you can’t control is exposure to natural elements, whether it’s the sun, rain, hail, or snow. Exposure is the number one reason why roofs wear out. If you live in an area where there are frequent rain, ice, hail, or snow storms, or heavy winds, you should talk to roofing companies in Charleston SC about what roofing materials stand up best hurricanes and other weather disasters.
- Structural Movement- Roofs and home can expand and contract, but sometimes this isn’t always accommodated by the roofing system and can cause damage or wear.
- Moss or Algae- Moss, Algae, and other biological growth, including plants that can grow in gutters when they aren’t cleaned properly can cause significant wear to your roof.
- Not Completing Maintenance- You can’t leave problems unfixed when you have roof damage because they always get worse. Roofing companies in Charleston SC can help you schedule bi-annual maintenance and fix any damages you have to extend the life of your roof.
- Change in Use- Changes in temperature to the interior of the property can cause roof damage by creating condensation that the roofing system cannot handle. Before you do anything that can drastically change humidity in the building, consult with roofing companies in Charleston SC.
Are you ready to get on a preventative maintenance schedule with Bone Dry Roofing? Call us today at 1-855-BONEDRY,