A successful commercial project is multifaceted and the planning process is critical. Many considerations are taken to achieve a functional and stylish design that is on-time and on-budget. At Bone Dry Roofing Company, we believe one of the most significant decisions you will make in the new construction process is selecting an experienced roofing company. Working with a subpar team will jeopardize your results and cost you much more in the long run. The goal is a building that is leak-proof and weather-resistant. In today’s post, we’re sharing four things to keep in mind when selecting a commercial roofing company, as well as a quick look at the types of commercial roofing solutions we offer.
- Project Scope
Choose a commercial roofing company with a proven track record (hone in on projects of a similar scope). You’ll want to know they can meet your objective, hit your milestones, honor your requirements and safely navigate exclusions and constraints. Review their portfolio posted online and ask for testimonials or recommendations. Look for multi-scope roofing projects and research the team’s qualifications. Make sure they also offer repair and maintenance to better handle your needs down the road.
- Quality Materials
Your roofing company should be proud of the manufacturers, vendors and suppliers with whom they have established relationships. We can’t overemphasize how important it is to use the right materials from trusted sources. These materials should be installed by a team known for their quality workmanship. Ask for specifics on project materials and spend time going over your options. Your roofing team should be able to make recommendations that closely align with your goals.
Ask about the team’s combined years of experience, leadership positions held in industry associations, awards received and certifications earned (non-negotiables: liability insurance and workers’ compensation). You can learn more about our team on our website. Our commercial roofing awards include Carlisle Syntec Systems ESP Award (2017) and Carlisle’s Perfection Award (2017, 2018, 2019).
Working with an established roofing team means they’ll be there to help provide the maintenance as outlined in your roofing warranty. Proudly serving the Southeast since 2003, at Bone Dry Roofing Company, we value customer relationships and excellence of craft above all else. We are here to meet your project goals and keep your commercial roof in excellent shape.
Commercial Roofing Options
Membrane Roofing is known for its superior waterproofing protection and can be molded to seemingly endless roof designs. Bone Dry Roofing Company works with three industry leaders on the supplier side to ensure the unique needs of your project are met. Here is a quick rundown of options:
- For low-slope roofing, EPDM Membrane (made of synthetic rubber) has been a go-to product for 50+ years.
- When energy efficiency is top of the list, TPO Membrane is growing in popularity due to its highly reflective nature.
- PVC Membrane is an economical choice with a solid history, known for its resistance to chemicals, punctures and fire, to name a few.
- FleeceBACK Membrane is reinforced with fleece, increasing protection from hail and extreme weather (it’s also energy-efficient and cost-effective).
- SBS Roofing is designed for elasticity and can withstand extreme weather. There are multiple application options with SBS (cold applied, heat weld, self-adhered, mechanically fastened and hot applied).
- APP Roofing is engineered to bring out the best of premium-grade asphalt backed by nonwoven polyester or glass fiber reinforcements.
- BUR Roofing is field-fabricated, alternating between layers of bitumen and plies of reinforcing felts.
- Liquid Applied Roofing is ideal for projects in confined urban spaces. The product molds to any shape.
Metal Roofing Systems are another attractive option for commercial projects. Some standout features of metal roofs include their sustainability, dependability and high-performance, especially when it comes to wind and ice. We are proud to offer Firestone Building Products which include Firestone Una-Clad and New Tech Roofing System Panels. Firestone Una-Clad currently comes in copper, zinc, acrylume and 31 colors. Their New Tech Roofing System Panels are budget-friendly and can be formed by the contractor as needed.
Make sure you partner with the best roofing company in your area. Bone Dry Roofing, locally owned and operated in Charleston, SC, Bone Dry Roofing, locally owned and operated in St. Simons, Bone Dry Roofing, locally owned and operated in Athens, GA. You can contact us today to talk about your new commercial roofing construction needs at 1-855-BONEDRY.