Metal Roofing Companies Charleston | Everything You Need to Know About Metal Aluminum Roofing
Metal Roofing Companies Charleston | Metal roofs are incredibly durable and weather–resistant so it’s no surprise you are considering metal roofing companies in Charleston to increase your home’s value with a brand-new metal roof. One of the most popular choices for metal roofs is aluminum, especially in Charleston. Aluminum holds up exceptionally well in salt-water air environments and harsh weather conditions, but there is a lot more you need to know about aluminum roofing before you ask your local company to come take a look.
Pros of Aluminum Metal Roofing
1. Recyclable- If you want an earth–friendly metal for your new roof asking metal roofing companies in Charleston for aluminum is a great choice. 95% of the aluminum roofing is made from recyclable materials, and these roofs tend to last more than twenty-five years.
2. Lightweight and Easy to Install- Metal roofing companies in Charleston find it easy to work with aluminum because it is lightweight. This makes the job go faster and can save you money on labor.
3. Rust Proof- Aluminum metal roofs are rustproof, and corrosion is very minimal and performs better than Galvalume or steel in coastal environments.
4. Affordable- Most metal roofing companies will have aluminum roofs as a middle of the road price point. They aren’t the cheapest but aren’t the most expensive, either. When you take in the minimal maintenance and durability, the savings more than pay for the cost.
Cons of Aluminum Metal Roofing
1. Washed Out- IF you don’t have your roof painted by metal roofing companies in Charleston or have a resin coating applied, the roof will wash out and become spotty as it ages.
2. Dents- Aluminum is a thin, flexible metal which makes it easy to dent. Hail damage on metal roofs or falling trees limbs will cause denting.
3. Expansion- Heat makes aluminum expand and contract much more than steel. Some homeowners may hear loud banging or popping sounds as the metal contracts and expands.