Metal Roofing Companies in Charleston | Avoiding Metal Roofing Rust
Metal Roofing Companies in Charleston | When you make the decision to hire metal roofing companies in Charleston to replace your roof, you probably aren’t thinking about future rust. Some metals are more likely to rust than others, and metal roofs are still considered one of the most durable and longest–lasting, so rust doesn’t have to be something that you fear; however, there are some ways to make sure you avoid rust as recommended by metal roofing companies in Charleston.
1. Choose a Non-Ferrous Metal- The only way you can ensure your metal roof won’t rust is to choose a non-ferrous metal. Copper and aluminum are great choices for rust resistance.
2. Zinc and Anti-Corrosive Coating- metal roofing companies in Charleston can coat any metal roof with an anti-corrosive coating, but if your roof is made from a ferrous metal such as steel, metal roofing companies Charleston need to ensure that the coating is high in zinc.
3. Proper Installation- You need professional metal roofing companies Charleston to install your roof because they are trained on the proper techniques to make your edges precise. Making sure that professionals install your metal roof greatly decreases your risk for future rust.
4. Proper Water Drainage- When you have standing water on your roof, your likelihood of rust goes way up, along with your chance of leaks, and water spots. Having the proper water drainage system in place, such as gutters, is one of the most important things you must do to preserve your home’s structural integrity.
5. Stay on Schedule with Maintenance– Keeping up with your roof maintenance is also vital to avoiding roof rust. You should have inspections completed once or twice per year, and you’ll most likely need to repaint or recoat your metal roof every decade. Some homes made need to be repainted more often depending on weather damage.
If you are interested in a metal roof for your home, call one of the top metal roofing companies in Charleston, Bone Dry Roofing, at 1-855-BONEDRY.