As we conclude our spotlight on commercial membrane roofing options from Carlisle SynTec, we’re covering their FleeceBACK membrane roofing. Previous posts included their EPDM, TPO and PVC roofing products. Future posts will showcase offerings from Johns Manville and Firestone as well. FleeceBACK membrane is a reinforced membrane with increased protection from hail and extreme weather. It is also energy-efficient, cost-effective and quiet to install.
FleeceBACK Basics and Benefits
Known for being incredibly resistant to punctures, FleeceBACK membranes “feature up to 75% fewer seams than modified bitumen roofing systems,” which correlates to a significant reduction in labor expenses.
Other benefits shared on the Carlisle SynTec website:
- More protection through the fleece reinforcement which “creates a thick, durable sheet and increased protection against tears, punctures, hail, and extreme weather.” This durability is a huge benefit to many of our customers.
- Installation is “quiet and low-odor,” making it an attractive option for buildings that are already occupied. With less noise, FleeceBACK is an ideal fit for many re-roofing projects as well.
- FleeceBACK is energy-efficient, providing additional R-Value. The ENERGY STAR® website states: “R-Value is a measure of insulation’s ability to resist heat traveling through it.”
- Its wind-performance can handle uplift pressures from 90 to 945 psf (more on uplift pressures from Professional Roofing magazine).
FleeceBACK RapidLock (RL™)
Carlisle SynTec describes this membrane attachment method (known as RapidLock system) as revolutionary, writing that it “provides a fully-adhered EPDM or TPO system without the use of adhesives.” This is possible in part thanks to VELCRO® Brand Securable Solutions; more information about RL is available on the Carlisle SynTec website.
Installation and Options
With any roofing system, installation is critical. At Bone Dry, we offer a full-service commercial roofing department able to handle an array of roofing projects (any size and complexity). After the initial contact, we move through our design solution phase, into production, and through our structured close out procedures.
- For combatting moderate winds, mechanically fastened systems are a solid option.
- When you need increased durability and protection from wind uplift, we recommend fully adhered systems (there are also high-wind adhesives available).
- As mentioned above, the RapidLock membrane attachment method achieves a “fully-adhered system without the use of adhesives.”
Products and Accessories
FleeceBACK® EPDM, FleeceBACK® TPO, FleeceBACK® PVC, FleeceBACK® RapidLock (RL™), FleeceBACK® KEE HP PVC are available, as well as pressure-sensitive accessories, adhesives, primers, Factory-Applied Tape™ and more.
Make sure you partner with the best roofing company in your area. Bone Dry Roofing, locally owned and operated in Charleston, SC, Bone Dry Roofing, locally owned and operated in St. Simons, Bone Dry Roofing, locally owned and operated in Athens, GA. You can contact us today to discuss your FleeceBACK membrane roofing needs at 1-855-BONEDRY.